There is no function or event on planet earth that remains devoid of music.
One way or another, there’s likely a DJ present
And with them, a trusted pair of the best DJ headphones.
We review the best DJ headphones on the market that offer a great price to features ratio.
Every week audio brands advertise that they have the best rated DJ headphones, and that they have the most amazing features and provide far better quality audio than all of the others.
We have researched and tested them, so you can choose the one that suits your usage and budget needs best.
We’ve looked at 47 different wireless earbuds and covered more than 115 hours of research and testing to write these DJ headphones reviews which lead us to recommend that the [easyazon_link identifier=”B00HVLUQW8″ locale=”US” tag=”77033-20″]Audio Technica ATH-M30x[/easyazon_link] stand out as the best DJ headphones for professionals to buy. They have a clear treble quality and a rich bass sound while reducing outside noise.
1. Audio-Technica ATH-M30x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”500″ identifier=”B00HVLUQW8″ locale=”US” src=”http://www.reviewlatest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/51U2lobS4uL.jpg” tag=”77033-20″ width=”394″]
Audio-Technica ATH-M30x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00HVLUQW8″ locale=”US” tag=”77033-20″]Buy Now[/easyazon_link]
The Audio Technica ATH-M30x are one of the best headphones for DJs. They have been built with advanced fabrication techniques and sport a superior design that makes them stand out from the competition. Personally, we found them extremely clear and we were very much impressed with the 40 mm drivers, which were directly responsible for such high level of sound quality. The price tag, i.e. $59 is nothing compared to what these headphones have to offer, so we would highly recommend you grab a pair of these if your ambition is to blow your mind with your music collection.
Why our reviews are trustworthy
I have covered audio products and specifically headphones here at ReviewLatest for a long time now, logging hundreds of hours of research and testing in that time. We’ve looked at the majority of headphones that have been released onto the market in the last few years to update this review.
We keep up to date with industry trends and with reviews from other noteworthy companies that also test or review audio products, such as, Which?, Amazon and Consumer Reports though we do find that the coverage is not as comprehensive as it could be. Then we do our own testing of headphones and also look at what other people have to say about them after they have product tested them at home. Much of this is conducted with our own consumer product testers, who provide their feedback through our product testing panels.
Who should get these
We all know that one of the most compelling reasons to buy DJ headphones is not just to listen to music, but to really hear it clearly. But how well they will work depends on a combination of factors. If you are picky about having perfect sound quality; you want headphones that really are professional DJ quality, then these are the right ones for you.
How we began the test selection process
We started by making a list of all of the best rated DJ headphones that we could find for sale in retailers stores and online. We listed 47 models in the original selection for this category.
Sound range and quality is the biggest thing to look for when it comes to choosing headphones. We all want that experience of a super clear treble sound and a rich bass coming from our headphones.
Weight as with any audio accessory, is important to factor into the review.
We also looked to ensure they all had some support available if they were to break.
We checked their controls to see if they came with a microphone and how easy it was to change music/ volume.
Finally, were they sweat resistant, we know how hot it can get in a club.
We whittled down our list of headphones by combining our requirements with the lists of reviews we had researched and were somewhat surprised to find the same headphone brands, and in some cases the same models, listed over and over again, which made our job easier. Of the all of the models we looked at, we decided to test these 13 best rated DJ headphones.
How we tested them
We matched the headphones to a cross section of our consumer panelists and then sent out the products for them to test at home, and also got them ready for our in-house panelists. Once everyone had their products to test, each panelist started by noting down the basic statistics for the headphones, such as comfort, ear piece size, length of the wire etc.
Once that was completed, the instructions were simple, Our expert and consumer panel listened to the headphone finalists and evaluated them on sound quality, ease of use, comfort and fit, and overall visual appearance. Based on their experiences, each panelist were then asked to select their top two. We then took the costs into consideration, and from there selected the overall winner.
The Runners Up:
2. AKG K 240 Semi-Open Studio Headphones[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”500″ identifier=”B0001ARCFA” locale=”US” src=”http://www.reviewlatest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/41D7mJTlcrL.jpg” tag=”77033-20″ width=”275″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B0001ARCFA” locale=”US” tag=”77033-20″]Buy Now[/easyazon_link]
The AKG K 240 are professional DJ headphones that act as a successor to the classic AKG K 240 Monitor. These newly designed, much more vibrant best DJ headphones can handle a much wider frequency range and are more sensitive compared to the previous versions. The sound quality is indescribable, and during testing we were able to hear every single detail, clearly. We have a list of sample sounds that we use to test each headphones, and these headphones passed with flying colors. And its not just the sound quality, but the exterior design is as attractive as its comfortable. The ear pads fit perfectly while the headphones itself adds charisma to the wearer’s personality.
3. Audio-Technica ATH-M50xMG Limited Edition Professional Studio Monitor Headphones[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”375″ identifier=”B01AHY1C7S” locale=”US” src=”http://www.reviewlatest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/41LjrzzfbTL.jpg” tag=”77033-20″ width=”500″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B01AHY1C7S” locale=”US” tag=”77033-20″]Buy Now[/easyazon_link]
The ATH M50xMG make it every DJ headphones review; period. The 45 mm large aperture drivers alone are enough to raise their market value. We were very much boasted by the “huge”, “shiny” features present on the box so we put the fairly expensive professional DJ headphones to the test. The voice quality was spotless and the clarity even better. We were able to hear each and every frequency present in the track and audible to our own ears. This was not just because of the internal design but also because of the “cicumaural contours” that channeled sound waves right into our ears. Every thing was professional grade and even though it doesn’t always make much of a difference, the headphones had 90 degrees swiveling cups.
4. Behringer HPX2000 Headphones High-Definition DJ Headphones[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”500″ identifier=”B000IKWBC2″ locale=”US” src=”http://www.reviewlatest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/415mvdpy5AL.jpg” tag=”77033-20″ width=”500″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B000IKWBC2″ locale=”US” tag=”77033-20″]Buy Now[/easyazon_link]
The Behringer HPX2000 Headphones High-Definition DJ Headphones are well-priced, excellent sounding headphones. For $60, we weren’t expecting a lot of features but the company has made an appreciable effort to include as much as possible. Starting from the 1 m cable length, the external design is simply superb and cancels all kinds of noise before it seeps into your ear. We certify the “Noise Isolating” claim as the headphones work as stated. In addition to being best headphones for djing, these can also be used for gaming or movie watching because of the motion-sensitive quality they offer.
5. Numark HF325 On-Ear DJ Headphones[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”313″ identifier=”B00PK4HRL6″ locale=”US” src=”http://www.reviewlatest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/31dhHS2BrcNL.jpg” tag=”77033-20″ width=”500″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00PK4HRL6″ locale=”US” tag=”77033-20″]Buy Now[/easyazon_link]
One of the best headphones for dJ purposes or even for a casual listener, the Numark HF325 delivers matchless performance at an amazing price. As we consider each and every parameter while reviewing a product, we very thoroughly checked the earcups on this one as we were aware of the amazing internal engine. The ear cups fit just perfectly but at the same time were as lightweight as earphones. Everything was studio grade, especially the noise isolation, which we weren’t expecting for such a price.
6. KAM HP1 Reference Headphones for Recording Studio and Audiophiles[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”333″ identifier=”B00VBHE60Q” locale=”US” src=”http://www.reviewlatest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/41ofgxWB8VL.jpg” tag=”77033-20″ width=”500″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00VBHE60Q” locale=”US” tag=”77033-20″]Buy Now[/easyazon_link]
The KAM HP1 Reference Headphones are one of the best DJ headphones set in the market. The prime target of HP1 headphones are audiophiles, music producers and live DJs. One of our team members specializes in this field and we specially asked him to check up on these. His response was as positive as it could get. He found the headphones to live up to their word. The good we were hearing from him had to be tested so we gave them a try and fell in love with the richness of the sound we were getting from the headphones. The internal circuit as well as the comfy external design worked in synergy to maintain an extremely high quality. There was a microphone as well, noise proof that prevent the formation of any feedback loop.
7. Pioneer Pro DJ HDJ-700-K DJ Headphone[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”500″ identifier=”B016EO8NT0″ locale=”US” src=”http://www.reviewlatest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/41xrjFl6S2L.jpg” tag=”77033-20″ width=”425″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B016EO8NT0″ locale=”US” tag=”77033-20″]Buy Now[/easyazon_link]
The Pioneer Pro DJ HDF-700-K is a set of professional headphones built in a sleek aluminum body. We know that a headphone’s prime goal should be sound quality but the feel of these headphone made us forget about that fact for a second. The design was out of this world and enough to inspire a music producer or DJ. With that being said, the headphones were still sturdy and stand up to a couple of abrasions. Coming to the quality, we were satisfied with the playback we were getting. Everything was crisp, rich and all the frequencies were being covered. All in all, the Pioneer Pro DJ HDJ-700-K was a keeper.
8. Ultrasone DJ1 Pro S-Logic Surround Sound Professional Closed-Back DJ Headphones[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”458″ identifier=”B0041N4OJA” locale=”US” src=”http://www.reviewlatest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/41f4MigF9oL.jpg” tag=”77033-20″ width=”500″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B0041N4OJA” locale=”US” tag=”77033-20″]Buy Now[/easyazon_link]
Ultrasone’s DJ1 Pro headphones take the sound quality game to a whole new level. The headphones are made out of a state of the art design and feature brand new studio grade materials. The circuitry has been redesigned with something called the “S-Logic System” that even we don’t know about. But what we do know is superb sound quality is guaranteed out of these headphones. We were very much happy with the loudness but even more of the efficiency we were getting. Our final count revealed the headphones consumed 40 percent less power compared to many other headphones.
9. Hercules DJ 4780528 HDP Light Show DJ Headphones[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”375″ identifier=”B00CYAS97U” locale=”US” src=”http://www.reviewlatest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/41nhx94fz5L.jpg” tag=”77033-20″ width=”500″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00CYAS97U” locale=”US” tag=”77033-20″]Buy Now[/easyazon_link]
Featuring 50 mm drivers, the Hercules DJ 4780528 Headphones are built for advanced listeners. The design itself was very futuristic but we have to admit it was very unique and appreciated. The headphones themselves are great for all kinds of monitoring purposes, especially for DJs who have to perform on spot. The ear cups are rotatable while the weight doesn’t put strain on either ears.
10. Philips DJ Headphone Power Bass Headset Authentic[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”450″ identifier=”B00I8VJZ6S” locale=”US” src=”http://www.reviewlatest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/41rzUgTTsXL.jpg” tag=”77033-20″ width=”257″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00I8VJZ6S” locale=”US” tag=”77033-20″]Buy Now[/easyazon_link]
From washing machines to headphones, Philips doesn’t leave a single stone un-turned in the world of electronics. From the makers of great stereo systems comes these best DJ headphones that are bound to give you second thought about your occupation. The best thing about these headphones is their price tag which can easily round up any music expert to buy them. While testing them, we found them very ergonomic. Coming to the sound quality, the headphones sparked up new ideas within us which is why we would recommend the headphones to anyone who has an above average attraction to music.
11. Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphones[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”447″ identifier=”B000AJIF4E” locale=”US” src=”http://www.reviewlatest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/51DCPnqbdjL.jpg” tag=”77033-20″ width=”500″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B000AJIF4E” locale=”US” tag=”77033-20″]Buy Now[/easyazon_link]
For the funky person in us all, these DJ headphones can light up any room and even your mood. We tested them thoroughly and found them to be of excellent quality right from the sound quality to the external design they featured. The frequency handling capabilities were truly amazing and the richness itself left us speechless. We liked these modern professional DJ headphones.
12. Pioneer SE-MJ502-V Fully Enclosed Dynamic Headphones[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”300″ identifier=”B00FS6K4VG” locale=”US” src=”http://www.reviewlatest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/21eC7T2Bl8L.jpg” tag=”77033-20″ width=”300″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00FS6K4VG” locale=”US” tag=”77033-20″]Buy Now[/easyazon_link]
Its quite ironic but Pioneer has been the pioneer in making audio equipment since God knows when. From stereo systems to headphones, Pioneer knows how to do it all. First of all we were very much delighted by the exterior design. The large earpads were enough to put us in a trance of relaxation while the light & easy fit tempted us even more. Not to mention, the price tag is quite affordable and we recommend the cheap dj headphones to all those starting out or those who have a passion for music. The sound quality was as expected, as good as it could be with a frequency response of 11 – 24k, so no problem if you wish to test your dog’s whistle!
13. Direct Sound EX-29 Closed Headphones[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”500″ identifier=”B0002GZLY2″ locale=”US” src=”http://www.reviewlatest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/41Itw31HkFL.jpg” tag=”77033-20″ width=”375″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B0002GZLY2″ locale=”US” tag=”77033-20″]Buy Now[/easyazon_link]
The last one in the list, the Direct Sound EX-29 are not the cheapest of headphones out there and are definitely not one of the best for the price. We tested these headphones and gave them everything we had, and they almost passed. In addition to sounding pretty good, the headphones have added features that make them better like extension cable, back isolation chamber and super-light hardware.
- “Headphones : The Ultimate buying guide – Hi-fidelity headphones”. StereoCompare.
- Get Headphones (2017), Best DJ Headphones
- “10 Resident DJs Who Changed EDM”. Billboard. 2017-01-28.
- Tyler Robinson (March 3, 2017). “How to Become the Resident Dj”. Magneticmag.
- “Top 10 Resident DJs of all Time”. DJBroadcast. 2017-01-16.
- “DARIUS SYROSSIAN (BEST RESIDENT DJ)”. DJMag.com.
- “The Do’s and Don’ts of Being a Weekly Resident DJ”. 14 November 2016.